TikTok, the video-sharing social media platform, has taken the world by storm since it was launched in 2016. In fact, by 2018, it was one of the most downloaded apps in the world. But just as you think you’ve got your head around the app, a brand new feature has been released which is set to transform the way in which businesses and individuals advertise on TikTok forever. We’re talking about TikTok Search Ads Toggle.
If you don’t know about it then you’re in luck as we’re going to reveal everything you need to know in this guide. And, if you’re a small business with a presence on TikTok, a digital marketer or even a social media manager, you’re probably going to want to keep scrolling too…
An Introduction to TikTok Search Ads Toggle
TikTok is probably best known for its video content whereby businesses and individuals use trending themes, visuals and audio to advertise specific products and offerings. Since its launch a few years ago, the makers of TikTok have added a few different features – one of which is TikTok Search Ads Toggle.
In short, this new feature allows people and businesses advertising the power to decide whether their ad appears in search results on the TikTok platform or not. It works in the same way that the feature does on other social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter but it’s believed the potential engagement this could offer will likely be unique to TikTok. The new feature is expected to allow brands to be able to tap into specific user interests and offer timely promotions in line with these interests.
The Benefits of Using TikTok Search Ads Toggle
While the TikTok Search Ads Toggle is still new, and many brands won’t yet have mastered it, there are already some well-known benefits of doing so. This includes:
- Targeted reach: Brands and users can now target users specifically with their ads. To put it simply, users searching for keywords and phrases may now be shown appropriate ads that relate to these searches, if the brand or individual in ownership of these ads enables the feature. By choosing to appear in the search engine platform of TikTok, advertisers can now put their content in front of more people and because these people are searching for phrases and keywords that relate to it, it’s likely they’ll be more engaged and have the potential to convert.
- Flexibility: Now, advertisers can also decide where and when their ads will appear which means they have greater control over the visibility of them. Not to mention, flexibility. Advertisers can even try a few different approaches and see what works best for them.
- Better engagement: We’ve touched on this slightly above but by putting their content in front of a more engaged audience, advertisers can expect better engagement with their posts, channel and brand as a whole. What’s more, TikTok as a social media platform is synonymous with engagement. So by tapping into TikTok and the new features, it gives brands the opportunity to increase overall engagement as there are plenty of users just waiting to interact with ads.
- Cost efficiency: Finally, better targeting of TikTok ads can actually have a positive effect on the overall expenditure of a business. Firstly because targeting ads to a more engaged audience is likely to mean more sales and, secondly, because you’re not wasting time advertising to audiences that aren’t relevant.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Using Search Ads Toggle
To use the new Search Ads Toggle on TikTok follow this simple and best practice advice:
1. Log into your TikTok account and go to the Ads Manager page to access your ad account.
2. Click on the create button and set an objective. This will depend on what you want from your ad – be it more sales, higher engagement or better awareness. Just be sure to choose the option that aligns with your ad and also search visibility.
3. Next, you need to set an ad group. This is where you decide the target audience, budget, schedule and where your ad placements will take place.
4. When determining the placement of your ads, find the Search Ads Toggle and ensure it’s switched on. This means that your ad will now appear in TikTok search results.
5. Be sure to add any relevant keywords that are specific to your brand, product or service. This will help your TikTok ads appear when these keywords are searched for. Don’t be too obscure with your keywords as these are phrases and terms that people search for commonly. For example, a dog walker in Liverpool might use ‘dog walking’ or ‘dog owners’.
6. Once the above is done, it’s time to upload your video, enter the ad text and be sure this includes your keywords for even better results.
7. Finally, before you set the ad live make sure you’ve reviewed the settings, keywords and text. Once you’re happy with it, you’re ready to launch your campaign.
Best Practices for Search Ads Optimisation
As with anything, when it comes to social media, advertising and marketing, there are a whole lot of best practice techniques that can help you to maximise results. Here, we’ve rounded up some additional tips for TikTok advertising.
- Keyword research: The whole point of TikTok Search Ads Toggle is that TikTok users can now find and see ads based on the search terms they use. For this reason, the success of your advertising on TikTok will come down to the keywords you use. So it pays to spend time researching the keywords your target audience will be using. TikTok’s keyword tool can be helpful here as can third-party platforms.
- Be creative: The best content on TikTok is creative, engaging and different. So ensure your videos are eye-catching, using trending sounds and visuals, and make sure that they resonate with your target audience. After all, if someone clicks on your video and enjoys it, they might just click through to your profile and could be closer to converting.
- Monitor your ads: Unfortunately, it’s not a case of creating search ads on TikTok and forgetting about them. You need to monitor your campaign’s performance, analyse clickthrough rates, look at conversation rates and assess any other available metrics to determine how effective your ads are. Plus, with a constant eye on their performance, you’ll be able to make changes quicker.
- A/B testing: A great tip for any type of ad across social media is to test different versions of the ad. This means you can work out what works best for your audience.
- Prioritise your CTA: Your Call To Action, otherwise known as a CTA, tells a user what it is you want them to do. Buy now, sign up, download – whatever it is, make it clear and compelling. After all, how will a TikTok user know what they are to do after watching and enjoying your content?
- Stay updated: TikTok is always announcing new features, and if you want to keep pace, you ultimately need to stay up to date with the latest trends and changes.
The new Search Ads Toggle on TikTok is an exciting addition to the social media realm and offers plenty of opportunities for brands and advertisers including a way to tap into a more engaged audience. However, it does require the right strategy as well as knowledge of how to optimise search ads for maximum impact. That’s where Maxweb Solutions comes in, helping you to navigate the digital landscape with marketing and more. So, whether you’re a brand looking to take your TikTok channel to a new level or you simply want a more tailored solution to your social media advertising, get in touch with our team today.
Posted on Friday, September 22nd, 2023 in Latest News.